Cytology/Molecular Technologist Positions – Sign-on Bonus
- Posted on: Mar 3 2020
Diagnostic Pathology Medical Group, Inc. (DPMG) in East Sacramento is an independently owned, multispecialty pathology group that is a leader in delivering quality Anatomic Pathology and Molecular services to hospitals, clinical laboratories, research institutions, and other physician specialties for over 80 years.
We are currently seeking a full time Cytology/Molecular Technologist to join our dynamic team of Cytology professionals. In this dual role, you will be tasked with the microscopic examination of gynecologic (GYN) and non-gynecologic (Non-GYN) cellular preparations; rendering a final diagnosis on all negative GYN cases and flagging for further Pathologist’s review abnormal GYN and all Non-GYN cases. In addition, on a part-time basis you will be tasked with performing Bladder Cancer FISH signal enumeration, setting up molecular assays, performing testing of molecular specimens using the Hologic Panther® System, analyzing and releasing results. This position offers a competitive salary, flexible schedule, competitive benefits package and sign-on bonus. New Cytologist graduates are encouraged to apply.
If you would like to know more about the benefits of joining the DPMG Cytology and Molecular team, please visit our website at www.dpmginc.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and screen GYN, Non-GYN, FNA, and PAP smears according to departmental policies and procedures.
• Recognize and forward all abnormal GYN specimens for a Pathologist’s review.
• Perform procedures necessary for processing specimens for cytological examinations per established policies and procedures.
• Refer problems to a supervisor or manager.
• Maintain equipment and document routine preventive maintenance.
• Perform special test procedures as directed.
• Assist in the revision and updating of the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Manual.
• Assist with the quality control program and participates in QA/QI projects.
• Perform others duties as directed by a supervisor or manager.
• Perform testing using the appropriate molecular assays
• Operate and maintain the Hologic Panther System® and Tomcat®
• Perform signal enumeration for Bladder Cancer FISH on urine cytology specimens
• Verify interfaced patient results in the PowerPath LIS for review and resulting
• Perform proficiency testing biannually and competency testing annually
• Aid in the development of new testing platforms
• Adhere to established departmental policies and procedure
• Perform other duties as directed by a supervisor or manager
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
Must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and have graduated from a school of cytotechnology accredited by the Committee of Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAAHEP) or be certified in cytotechnology by a certifying agency approved by the US Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). The Board of Registry of the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) is an approved agency.
Must have a current license as a Cytotechnologist issued by the State of California Health Services. The California Department of Health Services requires twelve units of continuing education annually.
Hologic® ThinPrep® Review Scope Manual+ experience is preferred but not required. Previous experience in Molecular is not required.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and E-mail.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to concentrate and work independently within time constraints.
• Closely/accurately follows established protocols.
• Understands the importance of the duties and the importance of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Maintains an acceptable, efficient working pace with minimal errors.
• Works as a team player, communicating well with fellow employees and helping others as necessary to accomplish the common goal of the facility: to consistently produce accurate patient results.
Please send your resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
or submit a CV here https://www.dpmginc.com/careers/.