DPMG’s Board-certified Neuropathologists have considerable experience in the pathological diagnosis of the vast array of neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions that can involve the central and peripheral nervous systems, and skeletal muscle. Among the services we provide are the following:
- Diagnosis of pediatric and adult CNS neoplasms, including the use of appropriate immunohistochemical markers and electron microscopy.
- Biopsies of skeletal muscle to study inflammatory, metabolic, mitochondrial neurogenic and myopathic disorders, including a complete panel of histochemical stains and electron microscopy.
- Most muscle biopsies are signed out in 24 – 48 hours. If necessary, biochemical studies (dystrophin, mitochondrial enzymes, etc.) of muscle samples can be arranged through our Customer Service department.
- Biopsies of peripheral nerve: all cases include special histochemical stains and electron microscopy studies.
- Forensic neuropathology service, including studies of probable dementia (Alzheimer’s and non-Alzheimer’s types), CNS trauma, CNS malformations, perinatal neuropathology, CNS vascular disorders, extrapyramidal movement disorders, etc.
If you are a clinician and would like to speak to one of our pathologists, please call 916-446-0424.